This is my freshly finished, quilted "Exuberance" quilt. I loved the Bekah orange fabric from Kaffe Fassett's collection but didn't want to cut it up and destroy the beautiful floral. I finally decided to use Kaffe's "Red Flower Power" pattern, modified of course, from his Quilt Romance book. I originally auditioned black sashing with white dots, but it was too heavy for the yellow and pink fabrics so I used Guinea Flower like the original pattern. I loved the effect. I quilted it on a long arm, but I don't think long arm quilting is for me. I'm really hopeless at it. I used a pantograph but I should have had a good quilter do it for me. I guess that was the lesson I learned from this quilting experience. I used Holly Holderman's Hydrangea for the binding (Lakehouse Dry Goods fabric). I love the rich reds and pinks mixed with the yellows. The Finished size is 70 1/2' x 70 1/2".
http://www.amyscreativeside.com/2010/05/bloggers-quilt-festival-spring-2010.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/xddd+(Park+City+Girl)
What a gorgeous quilt! I love love love that binding!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. I think I would also love to make my very own KF quilt someday!
Greetings from Cyprus,
Valentina
Beautiful color, and you chose just the right design to feature it. It make me warm just to look at it!
ReplyDeletei am a huge Kaffe fan and your quilt is gorgeous. I am so inspired by everyone's quilts!
ReplyDeleteCarol
That is really beautiful - Kaffe's fabrics are so fabulous and you've really showed them off well with the big pattern
ReplyDeleteI love it!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful Quilt work
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! What a great way to use large prints! looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Love those Kaffe fabrics! I finally bought some (they were on sale) so I will make my own Kaffe quilt at some point.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colors. I love your baby quilts, too.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this quilt!! I am just about to make it in yellow! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I cannot find your email to say thanks so am doing it here!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful color, very nice:)
ReplyDeleteI love that colour combination - yellow and pink just go so well together, and you have made a stunning quilt!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt, you can see and apreciate the fabric. Congratulations
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love Kaffe's fabrics and quilts. Nice work on yours!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet, I love when people use black and white with red. Reminds me of the old joke!
ReplyDeleteREally beautiful! The colors are like sunshine!
ReplyDeleteAhh, what luscious fabric ! Good job, even if you don't think so !
ReplyDeleteHow big is this quilt?
The colors are beautiful. I love the effect the sashing fabric gives it. Really nice work!
ReplyDeleteFinished size is 70-1/2x 70-1/2. My finished blocks are 8-1/4 inches. The original pattern called for 11" cuts but I could get more out of my fabric by cutting them smaller. If you make this pattern I highly recommend going with smaller cuts.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt. Love the colors.
ReplyDeleteIt is a lovely quilt! Love the colors...
ReplyDeleteSee my entry HERE.
I love a quilt that makes me go "Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh!"
ReplyDeletei agree about not cutting up kaffe -his prints are too gorgeous. love the effect of the sashing too --great quilt! http://erinlebeau.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteLove the colors of this one, and I can see why you just couldn't cut up those fabrics! This is a great pattern to show them off. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat great use of the beautiful fabrics, you were quite right not to cut them up, lovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteje suis tombée en admiration devant ce quilt moi qui suis une fan de kaffe j'adore et je crois que je vais prendre des idées ,félicitations
ReplyDeletethese are really beautiful colors
ReplyDeleteI love the colors!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous quilt and gorgeous scenery!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog. This has been fun seeing quilts from around the world.
Love the quilt and the colors -- thanks for sharing it with all of us!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this! i have that book, and am making baby quilts on a smaller scale from that pattern. you've picked a wonderful array of fabrics and done it in such a lovely way. thanks for sharing. wow, you have a wonderful view--no wonder from alaska. i have a lovely view here in central wa, but yours definitely tops it. come visit my site: http://fligamapoof.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletei'm having a little giveaway this week. thanks for sharing!!
Wow! I love you pinks and reds........what a beautiful piece!
ReplyDelete