Tuesday, March 9, 2010

August




"August"-- a quilt I just quilted on a long-arm (my first) last week. I used the long-arm of Kris Bastian of "Stipple Yourself" in Chugiak, AK. Most of the fabrics are Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I used a pantograph, which was more difficult than I thought it would be. The machine was heavier than I expected, and I wasn't very accurate. I did enjoy doing it though, and I'm somewhat pleased with the results. I'll get better with practice.
This quilt has ended up at Jocelyn's house in Wetaskiwin. It looks great in her living room.

3 comments:

  1. "Popcorn" is a fun panto - it works on many quilts! I do love the Kaffe fabrics here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! Kaffe Fasset has such beautiful fabrics....for some reason I don't have many though! I probably need to change that. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and to answer your questions I usually buy a yard to back baby quilts with. Have a great day, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited your blog from the Blogger Quilt Festival. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had to digress and comment on this quilt instead, as it's far more my style and colors. And I can relate to your long-arm issues. I've done a few, but I'd much rather hand quilt 95% of the time.

    ReplyDelete